Welcome to Atkinson Law | Las Vegas Bankruptcy Lawyers
Robert Atkinson, Esq.
Mr. Atkinson has been the lead attorney for almost 1,000 personal and business bankruptcy filings, across chapters 7, 11, and 13. He personally handles each case from start to finish.
Mr. Atkinson is a chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the State of Nevada. In that capacity, he reviews many hundreds of cases filed by other debtors. Through that experience, he is extremely knowledgeable as to how the bankruptcy court will view your particular case.
He is experienced in most aspects of complex bankruptcy filings, including first-day motions, relief from automatic stays, use of cash collateral, unsecured creditor committees, debtor-in-possession responsibilities, Initial Debtor Interviews, reorganization plans, avoidable transfers, exclusive filing periods, disclosure statements, class voting, proofs of claim or interest, trustee actions, super-priority claims, perfected security interests, priority unsecured claims, small business debtor qualification, motions for use or sale of property, and lien avoidance.
Mr. Atkinson has employed as general counsel for six bankruptcy trustees in approximately 150 bankruptcy cases and also in over 100 adversary proceedings. On behalf of those trustees, he assisted in the administration of over $120 million in scheduled assets, including the disposition and recovery of approximately $11 million in liquidated funds made available to creditors, much of which arose from complicated situations involving recoveries of fraudulent transfers and/or difficult-to-liquidate assets. Through that experience, he has gained considerable knowledge in how to maximize exemptions, avoid non-dischargeability actions, and ensure high-quality filings that greatly enhance the probability of making your bankruptcy smooth and simple.
In addition, Mr. Atkinson has a significant business, accounting, and real estate background. He is completely comfortable and competent in analyzing and handling whatever complexities your life may have.
In an earlier part of his career, he was a physicist at NASA, conducting research at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- J.D., Georgetown University
- MBA in Finance, Carnegie Mellon University
- B.S. in Physics, with minors in Math and Economics, Montana State University (4.0 GPA)
- Nevada-licensed attorney
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the State of Nevada
- United States Supreme Court
- Supreme Court, State of Nevada
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada – Bankruptcy Proceedings
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada – Civil Proceedings
- Eighth District Court, State of Nevada
- Second District Court, State of Nevada
- Judicial Court, Clark County